- Peace of mind.
- You never know what lies ahead, or what life will throw at you next. This type of plan can give you peace of mind that if you die your family will not have to struggle financially.
What is it?
Life Insurance if you choose to take it out pays a lump sum to your family if you die. They can use this lump sum to pay bills, your mortgage or other loans and it could give them an income when they need it most.
A Life Insurnace policy pays out the amount of Life Cover specified on the policy as a tax-free lump sum. The amount of cover is chosen by you for a specific amount of time e.g. until you are 65.
What should be covered?
If you take out life cover, you certainly need enough cover to:
- Pay off your mortgage.
- Pay off other loans and bills.
- Cover the income your family will need to live on.
Who can be covered?
All plans are available on a Single Life, Joint Life or Dual Life basis.
- The Single Life basis covers one person.
- The Joint Life basis covers two people, with the benefit being paid on first death only and then policy ceases.
- Dual Life basis Covers two people individually and potentially would pay out on each death. Each person can be covered for different amounts.
- Must be over 18 to get cover.
How much do I pay?
The quote is dictated by your age, whether you smoke or not, the general state of your health, the amount of cover you require and how many years you require the cover for. The rates won’t change over the lifetime of your plan. This means your payment will not change (apart from any *indexation changes you choose) so you will always know how much your regular payments will be.
*indexation: means that benefits and premiums may be adjusted by means of a price index in line with inflation.